The Right to Privacy:
With the overturning of Roe V Wade this summer we are facing an unprecedented attack on the rights we have assumed were enshrined in law. This loss of bodily autonomy for half of the population is dangerous and a slippery slope to undermining other freedoms that have been decided through the courts. These include access to contraception, marriage equality and even equal education.
- I support the Women’s Health Act
- Accountability for the Supreme Court
- Repairing the court by expanding to an equal number of Justices as there are Federal District Courts.
- Keeping the government out of your bedroom, doctor’s office and personal medical decisions.
Firearm violence recently became the leading cause of death for children in the United States. Gun deaths are not just mass shootings, but also accidental discharges and suicide. This is unacceptable and we should be doing everything in our power to improve the safety of our children.
- Education and training on the use of firearms is imperative for safe handling and ownership. -Free or subsidized safe handling and storage courses for license seekers .
- Licensing and registration for firearms.
- Universal Background checks for gun purchases with the waiting period relative to the speed of completion. Many buyers bypass this protection when sellers do not receive background requests in a timely manner.
- Safe storage laws enforced where death is attributed to negligence.
- Ending easy access and sales of assault style weapons of war.