We are at a critical point in the history of our country. People are crying out for basic needs, and those cries are falling on deaf ears. While the plight of the average American is being ignored those in government that seek to gain control over every aspect of our lives are sneaking in to take away basic rights over our own bodies. I will stand against this assault on Civil Rights and Human Dignity. If the Supreme Court can overturn a 50 year precedent based on “beliefs” and “feelings” there is no end in sight for what is on the chopping block. Many of the “laws” we take for granted are also based on Supreme Court Decisions. A few examples: the right to contraception, interracial marriage, integrated schools, same-sex marriage.
Fill out a Contact US to share Issues that Matter most to you.
Focusing on the Common Sense Issues we ALL know matter for a strong, healthy community and Democracy.
Healthcare: A cancer diagnosis or unexpected illness/injury should not cost you EVERYTHING you have worked for.
- Healthcare is a human right and we must ensure that all people have equal access.
- Fair and transparent pricing, one stop billing, people over profit.
- Women’s Reproductive Rights
- Solidifying your rights to Privacy
- Open enrollment Expansion – Only 5 wks, once a year, helps insurance companies not you.
- Policies that help patients.
Supporting Veterans and their Families: Supporting our troops is more than wearing flag pins and lip service.
- Equitable benefits for all who serve
- Addressing mental health, Suicide rates and Gulf War Vet illnesses
- Increase VA funding to eliminate records backlog, improve wait times and service.
- A safe, healthy family is critical to the Mission.
Reduce Taxes on Wage Earners: You work hard, you should be able to keep more of your Money.
- Lowering taxes on wage earners and social security recipients.
- Extend Child Tax Credit
- Corporations need to pay their fair share reducing the burden on the Middle Class.
- Tax breaks for Small Businesses owners that enable them to compete
You are working harder than ever for less. The cost of necessary expenses have gone up while your pay has remained the same. Every worker is ESSENTIAL to their family and deserves a fair piece of the economic pie.
Jobs: All workers are ESSENTIAL, the economy runs because of YOUR hard work.
- Fair pay, paid leave and benefits for workers.
- Accessing Federal Dollars to bring big job creating projects to District 8.
- Standing up for workers by supporting their right to a Union. Every employee deserves the right to have a seat at the table in the businesses that they help make a success!
Opportunity: Begins with equal access to Education, Training and Good Jobs.
- Full funding for Pre-K through 12th Grade Public Schools
- Community College access for qualified students covering tuition and books.
- Increasing available Trade and Vocational Training
- On the Job Training – I support the Small Business Pipeline Act of 2022 to give internship opportunity funding to small businesses.
- Promote opportunities for growth within companies through certification programs etc.
Creation & Innovation: Florida District 8 has the power to be a hub of innovation.
- The Sunshine State should and could be the Solar Capital of the United States. We must ensure we have a seat at the table for infrastructure spending.
- More and more people are driving electric and Florida should lead the way on providing a robust charging network to support the future of transportation.
- Supporting small businesses that are job creators and innovators in the Space Industry and supply critical materials to the mission of NASA and our Aerospace Industry Leaders.
- Acquire resources through impending legislation like Build Back Better – make sure District 8 is on the front line, not the sideline.
Free and Fair elections are the backbone of a strong State and Country. Ensuring that every legal voter has equal access to the voting booth is our Constitutional Duty.
Freedom to Vote Priorities: Voting should not be more difficult than going to the DMV.
- Making Voting Day a National Holiday
- Free and Fair Elections
- Enough Polling Locations to meet voter demand – No Voters in the USA should have to stand in hours long lines.
- Enhance easy voting options for seniors, disabled, military personnel, business persons or those otherwise unable to get physically to the polls.
- Implementing the Bipartisan John Lewis Voting Rights Act
There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.”– Nelson Mandela
- Full funding for Pre-K through 12th Grade Public Schools – Too many of our schools are underfunded, understaffed and overcrowded. Our tax dollars must be leveraged more efficiently and towards teachers and students.
- Community College access for qualified students – K-12 education is not enough for the future of our workforce. Students that graduate HS and pass the proficiency exam for CC should be able to earn an AA Degree tuition free. (Programs like Bright Futures could be expanded)
- Increasing available Trade and Vocational Training – Not everyone is cut out or desires to follow the University Track. Many essential jobs such as electricians, plumbers, mechanics etc need specialized training or internships. Increased access and funding for these types of programs benefits graduates and communities.
- Student Debt Relief – Reduced interest rates, forgiveness options and fair repayment programs. College to Work programs that compensate for time in service such as for teachers, nurses, etc.
Florida is unique in its character, beauty and diversity. The foundation of which is YOU the people. We are lucky to live in paradise, lets keep it that way!
- Use our Sunshine to lower your electric bill – Affordable Solar without unnecessary regulations
- Sustaining our beaches and wildlife – through education, funding and protection measures.
- Proactive measures to keep our homes and businesses above water (literally) – Understanding the science behind rising sea levels and how they impact our area. Using that knowledge to protect against flooding and beach erosion as well as consideration in future infrastructure projects.
- Bringing Federal dollars to the Clean Up of the Indian River Lagoon – Legislation currently being discussed to provide dollars for investments in the environment should include funds to assist waterfront homeowners in District 8 to go from Septic to Sewer.
- Considering Residents needs in conjunction with Tourism Opportunities – Making Florida not just a great place to visit but a great place to live. Taking citizen feedback and conferring with City Councils within District 8 to consider Resident Concerns in our area and how Federal Government resources can improve our communities.
The Right to Privacy:
With the overturning of Roe V Wade this summer we are facing an unprecedented attack on the rights we have assumed were enshrined in law. This loss of bodily autonomy for half of the population is dangerous and a slippery slope to undermining other freedoms that have been decided through the courts. These include access to contraception, marriage equality and even equal education.